Why go through the hassle of installing a conventional fireplace when you can just install an electric fireplace heater and get the benefits of infrared heat instead?
Infrared fireplaces have many advantages over conventional fireplaces. For a start, they are much safer as they do not use real flames to produce heat.
Also, because there is no real wood involved, there will be no mess for you to clean up afterward.
And thanks to recent developments in 3D flame technology, it is now possible to enjoy the aesthetic of a traditional fireplace, without the risk of having open flames in your home.
Secondly, they are far easier to use. You won’t have to put in the effort of chopping logs to make fuel for the fire, as this type of fire comes on with the flick of a switch.
Finally, infrared fireplaces are the most energy-efficient fireplaces that you can get. If you want lower bills but still want to heat your home, this is the option for you.
With so many advantages to infrared fireplaces, you may be convinced to get one installed in your home.
But now the difficult question is, which one should you get? There are many options on the market right now, with each one advertising various features to make them stand out from the crowd.
If you are looking for an infrared fireplace for your home, you have come to the right place.
In this article, we will review the top 5 infrared fireplaces that would make an excellent addition to your home.
If you have never bought a fireplace before, you may not know what essential features you need to look out for.
That is why we have also included a buyers guide at the end of the article, so you can learn even more about this type of fireplace.
Now let’s get on with the list!
The Duraflame DFI030ARU infrared quartz set heater is one of our first recommendations.
Installing this device into an existing fireplace will allow you to enjoy faux dancing flames in your room.
The first thing that you may notice is the design.
The unit is small, but it looks very realistic, especially the logs and the ember bed.
As soon as it gets a bit chilly outside, you can turn this fireplace on and have comfort knowing that there is very little risk of accident as the flames are not real, despite looking so.
But what about when it gets warmer? A big issue with traditional fireplaces is that they cannot be used for half the year as it is too hot.
This is especially annoying for people who like the aesthetic of fireplaces. But with the DFI030ARU this is not an issue.
This fireplace allows you to turn on the flame and ember effects without the unit producing any heat.
If you want to make your room look cozy with flame effects but it is summertime, you can still use this unit with no issue.
This electric fireplace also features zone heating capabilities. This feature allows you to heat only the areas of your home that need it.
Only heating up certain areas of your home, such as the rooms or spaces where you spend the most time, will help you in saving some money on your electricity bill.
In addition, its output is quite good because of the quartz infrared heat it releases.
This is great as it ensures uniform heat distribution even when the device is put across a large area.
The fireplace can preserve the air's natural humidity levels, which means you won’t have to deal with dry air in your home.
In general, you will have very few complaints with this device.
One of the only drawbacks is that it does not come with a remote control to use this unit from far away, but this might not bother you that much.
- Looks realistic - if you want the look of a real fireplace without the hassle of actually having one then this is the unit for you.
- Energy-efficient - this fireplace can heat large areas of your home using very little energy, meaning that in the long run, you will be saving money on your electricity bills.
- Does not dry out air - some fireplaces dry the air around it, which can cause some people to get sore throats or other symptoms. This unit can keep the humidity levels in the room balanced, so you won’t experience any of this.
- Heat spreads evenly - there is nothing worse than random cold spots in your room. This is a common problem with many traditional fireplaces. But with this unit, the heat is spread evenly throughout the room, so no matter where you stand, you should feel warm and toasty.
- No remote - to control this fireplace, you have to use the switches on the side of the unit. This may be a bit annoying to the people who want the convenience of turning on the fireplace from their couch.
Also Available At:
The TURBRO TS20 electric infrared heater is a very energy-efficient device that also looks like a very realistic fireplace.
With its classic appearance and genuine flames, it has become one of the more popular infrared fireplaces on the market.
This device will enhance the visual appeal of your room, especially because of how much detail has gone into the design of this unit.
A crate of faux logs and a bed of embers are seen within a stunning black fireplace, so it keeps the appearance of the fireplace even when it is not in use.
If you do not want to heat your home but perhaps want to keep the fireplace on to create a cozy vibe in your room, then you can simply turn off the heating element but keep the lights and the faux flames going.
In terms of safety, this fireplace is one of the best ones that you can get.
Since the stove's heating source is located at the bottom of the unit, the appliance will be cool to the touch.
No matter how long it runs it will never get hot, so you don’t have to worry about any accidental burns.
The biggest complaint people have with this appliance is that the manual to install and use the device is not very detailed, which has left a few customers confused about how the unit works.
If this happens to you, it is best to find some helpful articles or videos online to guide you.
- Safe - due to the location of the heating element, you do not have to worry about this fireplace becoming hot to the touch as this cannot happen.
- Energy-efficient - if you are looking for a heating option that is also energy-efficient and can save you a bit of money on your bills then this is it.
- Durable - this is a very sturdy device that can survive any knocks or bumps.
- The user manual is a bit confusing - as there is not a lot of detail in the user manual, some people struggle to install and use this device at first. You can find many guides online to help you out though.
Also Available At:
The LifeSmart fireplace is a great alternative to conventional heaters due to its straightforward installation and maintenance.
It may be put in any location without further ventilation being needed, meaning that you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on installation costs.
As this unit is portable, you can enjoy the heat provided in any area of your home that needs some warmth.
This also means that you can choose which room to heat, rather than having to heat the whole house, which will help you to save money on your energy bills.
In addition, this device does not use any fuel or combustible components that might spill everywhere, meaning that cleaning this unit is a breeze.
Infrared technology works by heating objects or people, while traditional fireplaces heat the air around them.
Heating air can make this air feel very dry, which can be uncomfortable for some people to breathe in.
This unit can preserve the natural humidity in your home, so you won’t have to deal with the symptoms of dry air.
The only issue you may notice with this unit is that it produces a small amount of noise when in use.
This typically occurs when the heater is switched on. If you have this unit in your bedroom, the noise may disturb you.
Saying that many people like falling asleep to white noise, so you may not even notice it.
- Portable - heat any room in your home that might be a bit chilly by moving this device to wherever it needs to be.
- Does not dry out air - keeping the humidity levels in your home constant is very important to make your home comfortable.
- No mess - cleaning fireplaces is no fun, but with this unit, you will not have to clean it at all.
- Nice design - this is a very realistic looking infrared fireplace, as it keeps the traditional look of many woodburning units.
- A bit noisy - when this fireplace is switched on, you may notice a humming-type notice. This is pretty quiet though, so after a while, you may not even notice it.
Also Available At:
Are you eager to install a device that enables you to see a 3D flame effect? Then you should consider the ClassicFlame infrared fireplace.
The flame effects are one of the best features of this unit, as they look very realistic due to their color and movement.
The 3D flame effect gives a layered flame visual to provide a genuine experience that complements any decor or weather.
You may also adjust the speed and intensity of the flame to your liking, making this a very customizable unit.
And if it is too hot to have the fireplace on but you want to keep the effects, you can simply turn off the heating element so you can enjoy the fake flames all year round.
A lack of humidity in the air is one of the main causes of dry skin, but this is not something that you will have to worry about with this fireplace.
Aside from that, this 3D electric fireplace avoids any risk associated with touching open flames.
The front panel is made of glass and is cold to the touch.
This unit will never get hot either, meaning that if kids or pets accidentally touch it, you will not have to worry about them being hurt.
- Simple and safe operation - this unit is super easy to use and control, and you do not have to learn about any complicated buttons or switches. It is also very safe as the unit will not ever get hot to the touch.
- Customizable flames- the flames on this unit are very realistic, and you can change their intensity or speed to create the perfect atmosphere in your room.
- Easy installation - just put this fireplace into an insert and it is ready to go.
- May make some noise - there have been some reports by customers that the flame spinner makes a bit of noise after a while.
Also Available At:
The BELLEZE 014-HG-41801-ESP+118 is a very unique product as it is an electric fireplace and a TV stand all in one.
It is a product that blends effectiveness and practicality very well and is ideal if you do not have enough space in your room for these two units separately.
The design is considerate of space management and makes little use of floor space.
Additionally, mounting it to the wall is possible if necessary.
Installation of this gadget will not be difficult. The user manual is very structured, with detailed directions for installing the device.
The best aspect is that it arrives halfway done, so you only need to complete half the work.
In addition to heating the room, this fireplace also provides additional storage space in the room, letting you be more organized with your things.
When using this fireplace, you can either use the buttons or for added convenience, the remote control, which allows you to turn the unit on and off.
- Combo unit - as this is a TV stand and a fireplace in one, you can save on floor space, which is very useful if you are in a smaller home.
- Easy to build/install - this unit arrives half-assembled, and the instructions are very easy to follow so you should have no trouble finishing the build.
- Extra storage - if you have many things but no place to put them, then you will appreciate the extra storage this unit provides.
- Remote lags - while having a remote is very convenient, the gap between when you push the button and when the unit switches on is quite big, and the unit lags a bit.
Here is everything you need to look out for when buying an infrared fireplace.
Before selecting a product, you must evaluate your heat output requirements.
The easiest way to accomplish this is by consulting the unit's manual. It would offer a good picture of the heat delivery system.
Numerous electric fireplaces contain a thermostat that allows you to regulate the temperature as necessary.
Depending on what you want, you may either pre-program or manually modify the heat parameters.
You may also select a model with digital controls to easily monitor and adjust the temperature.
As with any modern device, the best electric fireplaces are equipped with enhanced safety features.
Check the product's labels carefully for compliance with government safety regulations.
There are electric fireplaces that surpass minimum requirements.
You should also look for overheating protection, as this would avoid the possibility of accidentally touching the device and burning your hands.
The overheating feature is a vital element of an electric fireplace heater since it turns the device off when it grows too hot.
The building material of electric fireplaces determines their efficacy and durability.
Some are built from wood veneer, and others are manufactured from metal stamping.
If you want a portable heater or an infrared fireplace, search for one with doors and windows made of tempered glass.
You should choose tempered glass over regular glass due to its superior strength.
This will prevent the unit from fracturing should it be damaged.
Depending on the design of the fireplace, they may be a bit difficult to install, especially if they are heavy.
You will also need to check whether you will have to assemble the unit yourself, or if it comes pre-assembled and ready to use.