Getting your fireplace going will be very important if you want to get your living room nice and cozy.
However, gone are the days when you’ll use just a few matches to get a fire going. These days fireplaces are far more complex and tricky.
Firelighters are some of the quickest methods that you can use for getting your fire started.
However, the technology used in what might be considered a very simple device has gone way beyond what was thought possible.
So which firelighter is the best for getting you a roaring fire? How much will you have to pay for one of these things?
What features should you be looking for with a good fire lighter?
Well, if you are wanting the answers to all of these questions and more, then we would recommend that you keep reading.
Best Fireplace Lighters
You can use these for getting your barbeque started or lighting the logs on your fire.
With a handy trigger mechanism, this is a great set of lighters for anyone who is new to the art of starting fires.
These lighters are also great value for money, coming in a pack.
You can keep some in your drawer and be certain that they will last you months, even when they are not in use.
They also come in assorted colors. You can have two upstairs and two downstairs if you have a larger house.
You can also color-code them for individual uses in the home.
With a longer nozzle, you can get this one right under your kindling in order to get the fire going quickly.
This will also allow you to keep your hands at a safe distance from the fire itself.
You can also use this one to help light candles. This is great if you want plenty of natural light sources for a romantic night in!
- Durable - when it comes to reliable and durable firelighters, then you won’t go wrong with one of these handy devices.
- Colored - if you want to identify between the different lighters in your set, then you can be sure that this color-coding system will help you.
- Easy-to-use - this comes with a simple trigger that will give you an instant flame, which is ideal for getting a fire going quickly.
- Value for money - this pack of four is very cheap, so you can save yourself a lot of money in the long run.
- Hard to click - some users have complained that the trigger on these firelighters does tend to stick after a while.
This comes with a flexible neck that you can use to pose in any shape.
This makes it a great one to use if you are wanting to light a tricky fire at an awkward angle.
This makes it great for lighting a whole host of different things: pilot lights on your heater, fireplaces, candles, lanterns and even Halloween pumpkins.
This comes with wind-resistant technology, which makes it the perfect firelighter to take out camping with you.
This will give you a consistent flame no matter what the weather.
This also comes with an adjustable dial that will allow you to control the flame height.
This is great if you are going to want plenty of fire to get a particularly stubborn piece of wet wood to get burning.
This comes with a child safety button, which means that you won’t be able to turn it on once the lock is set.
This will give anyone in a family home that extra peace of mind.
- Flexible neck - when you are wanting to get under some dense wood or kindling, then having a neck you can snake into the center of your fire will be invaluable.
- Durable metal construction - this firelighter is made from some of the most durable metal that you can find.
- Child lock - if you want to keep your firelighter safe from roving small hands, then this comes with a lock that will really help you.
- Flame control - if you are looking for a method of controlling the height of your flame, then this comes with an easy-to-use dial.
- Expensive - this might be a few bucks over the budget that you’re willing to pay for a simple firelighter.
This is great if you want just one lighter that you won’t have to change ever again.
You can use this over 500 times on one charge, which makes it one of the most long-lasting lighters that we have on this list.
This has LED lights that will indicate how much battery that you have left in your lighter.
This will accurately indicate how long you can use this lighter for and whether you should put it on charge soon.
This lighter is very portable, coming in a handy wand shape that you can easily wield under most fires and kindling.
This is also water and splash-proof, making it one of the best lighters that you can use in a camping scenario. It will even keep a flame in blustery weather.
This also comes with a flexible neck that you can use to get into those awkward nooks and crannies.
This is perfect if you are looking to light the pilot light on your heater, as these can often be quite hard to reach.
- Recyclable - you can put this one in the recycling if you want to buy a newer model, although, quite frankly, this one will be one you’ll want to keep for the long-term.
- Portable - this is very lightweight and you’ll be able to carry it from one place to another. We would definitely recommend putting this in your camping bag.
- This does not contain any harmful butane - if you are looking for something that will not release any harmful chemicals, then this is the one for you.
- Sparks 400 times - if you are looking for something you can reignite over and over in rainy conditions, then this is a great lighter for you.
- You can other models for cheaper - this might be too many features for someone who just wants to light some candles every so often.
This comes with a neck that can bend around 360 degrees.
This is perfect for getting into all the nooks and crannies of your fire, which might be packed with dense kindling and large logs of wood.
This lighter does not require any butane or oil, making it a relatively easy and non-toxic method of lighting your fire.
This comes with wind-proof technology, so you’ll be able to light the fire in adverse weather conditions.
This is great if you are looking for something that you can take camping with you for weeks at a time.
This comes with its own internal leakage protection as well as an auto shut-off that means it won’t overheat if you have left it on by mistake.
This comes with an LED display that will tell you how much juice you have left in your lighter.
This will help you judge how much power you’ll have left in your lighter and when you should plug it into the wall.
- Heating toggle - this comes with a dial that you can use to turn the heat up and down, which is perfect if you want to have a larger flame for your logs.
- Eco-friendly - this lighter does not use any fuel, which means that all you’ll have to do is plug it into the wall for it to work.
- Easy-to-use - this comes with a trigger that you can use very easily to turn on the flame. This is great if you need to light a fire quickly.
- LED indication - this comes with a light system that will give you the exact amount of charge that you have left in your lighter.
- Can malfunction - some users have reported that this one can often break if you use it frequently in the space of a few hours.
You can be sure that it will reach full power within the space of a few hours.
This comes with high temperature protection, so it will not overheat. It also comes with an automatic switch-off, which will give you peace of mind if you are using it around small children.
This comes with a completely splash proof design, so if you are using it in the heart outdoors, you can be sure that no water will damage the delicate electrics.
This also comes with open circuit protection that you can be sure will give you everything that you need for reliable power for hours on end.
Yet another lighter with a flexible neck. This is great if you need to light candles that are above your head and at an awkward angle.
This is a very sleek-looking lighter, which will certainly be important if you want a lighter that blends in with the rest of your surroundings.
- Prevents overheating - this comes with an automatic switch-off feature that will not only protect your lighter, but will help keep your surfaces free of scorch marks.
- Versatile - you can get your roaring fire going or you can simply use this to light up a few candles during the evening.
- Child safe - if you have some children around, then you won’t have to worry about this delicate hands getting burned.
- Great gift - this comes with a pack of USB leads and a gift box that actually contains 2 lighters, which that special someone will certainly appreciate.
- Expensive - because this comes as a gift set, then you can certainly expect that it comes with a slightly more expensive price tag than other models on this list.
It will also get right under your fireplace, allowing you to light a fire in the best place possible - the very center.
This is a butane lighter that is refillable, so you won’t have to worry about throwing out the entire unit when you have used up all the fuel.
You can adjust the flame of this lighter, which is great if you are trying to light a thicker piece or wood or you are struggling to get that damp kindling to light.
This comes with a neck that can be extended, which will keep your hands free from scorching and burning.
This will also stop you from dropping your lighter and potentially damaging things.
This comes with a disable gas can that will allow you to alter the amount of fuel that you use.
This is perfect if you are trying to save money of having to buy fuel in the long term.
- Temperature regulation - if you are looking for a flame that can be altered, then we would suggest that you go for this model.
- Easy trigger - all you have to do to use this one is click it once and a reliable flame will soon appear.
- Sleek and strong design - this is made from sleek metal, which means that you’ll be able to wield it indoors and outdoors and not have to worry about scorching.
- Lightweight - if you are looking for a lighter that you can use on your fireplace and your outdoor campsite, then you can’t go wrong with this one.
- Expensive - this is probably the most expensive lighter on this list, which might not be great if you are only going to have one to light a few candles.
You’ll want a lighter that is durable as well as lightweight and easy to carry around. Here some things you’ll be looking for:
What Is It Made From?
When it comes to having the right materials, ideally you’ll want something that is made from metal.
However, you can get some lighters that are made from plastic, although these are usually not as durable, even if they are cheaper.
Is It Waterproof?
If you are looking for something that you can take camping, then having something that is waterproof will be very important.
This is because water can often get in the circuits of your lighter and cause it to malfunction.
How Easy Is It To Operate?
Most of these lighters will have a trigger system, which will really help you to get your fire started within a few minutes.
You should also get a lighter that comes with a heat dial which will allow you to choose the size of the flame.
How Much Is It?
Really even for a high end lighter, you won’t have to pay more than $10. This includes the ones that have USB charging and heat control abilities.
You can even get some packages that offer a few top-of-the-range lighters for only a couple of bucks.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Else Can I Light My Fireplace?
You can use matches to light your fireplace if you prefer to do it the old-fashioned method.
However, this might take you a long time, as matches are notoriously unreliable.
You should make sure that you have firelighters as well as kindling. These two things will help you to get a fire going very quickly.
What’s The Best Way Of Filling A Butane Lighter?
These types of lighter usually come with a valve that you can easily open at the back and fill with the butane fuel that you need.
These types of lighter should be fully sealed so as not to allow any fluid to leak out.
What Else Can You Use Your Lighter For?
You can use a lighter for a barbeque as well as your grill.
If you are going to be using your lighter for a variety of different purposes, then having an all-purpose lighter will certainly come in handy.
We hope that this article has given you everything that you need to make an informed decision about what kind of lighter you’ll need for your fireplace.