If you want to deck out your garden, then you can’t go wrong with a decent fire pit.
However, these are not just for warming your garden, they are also good for decoration too.
But what can you buy to give your fire pit that extra touch of class?
Well, one of the things that you can buy is fire pit glass. This stuff can come in a wide range of colors that will really offset the color of your fire pit itself.
It can also give your fire pit that calming and otherworldly effect.
So where can you buy the best fire pit glass? What properties does this material have to last you in the long term?
What is the best color for your fire pit? How much will you need to buy? If you want the answers to all of these questions, then keep reading.
List Of Best Fire Pit Glass
First up, we have premium grade lava rock that you can be certain will give you value for money.
This comes in a shiny blue color that will offset the orange of your fire nicely.
This tuff is extremely durable, allowing you to expose them to direct flames without alerting the composition of the fire itself.
This will create a calming atmosphere in your backyard, perfect if you want something to stare into as you while away the evening with a glass of wine.
This will not leave you with any ash or waste substances that could potentially ruin the state of your fire pit glass.
This is perfect if you want to keep your fire pit area extra clean.
The stones themselves are very easy to clean. All you have to do is wait for them to cool down and give them a quick wipe down with a wet cloth.
These stones will not degrade or melt when subjected to large amounts of heat. This makes them perfect for your needs.
- Sparkling - these are some of the most attractive stones that you can find. They could almost be mistaken for proper diamonds.
- This stuff will shine during the daytime and the night, this is great if you enjoy leaving your fire pit on for most of the time.
- Can be used in a fireplace - if you are looking for something that will give your fireplace that extra level of sophistication, then this is the one for you.
- Will improve your flames - this will improve the level of your fire, giving your flames that extra healthy glow.
- Might not last as long as other fire pit glass - this might only stay shining for a few months before the heat eventually dulls and washes them out.
Next up, we have some fire pit glass that will give you that extra snowy color, which is great for creating that glistening winter color.
This is available in so many different colors. There will be more than enough to match with whatever fire pit that you happen to have.
This is extremely affordable fire pit glass. You can buy a few pounds of this stuff for less than $20.
This is great for anyone who has already spent so much money on renovating their garden.
This can be sued to conceal unsightly pipes and ventilation systems on your fire pit.
You can also heat these to a high degree without them melting or warping.
This can be used in your fire pit or your fireplace, it is extremely versatile.
It is also very durable and will not melt even in the intense flames of a fireplace.
This will be much preferable to wood and other stones, as it will require a lot less maintenance.
All you have to do is burhs it once it has been used a few times.
- Beautiful - this is some of the most attractive lava glass that we can find. It will instantly elevate your fire pit or fireplace.
- Less cleaning - if you want a fire pit that looks great all year round and does not require that much cleaning, then we would certainly recommend this one.
- Various colors - if you are looking for something that comes in plenty of colors that you can match with your fire pit, then why not try this brand.
- Durable - this will not melt, even when subjected to very extreme temperatures. This makes it great for fireplaces.
- Not as long-lasting as some other fire pit glass - this will lose its sheen after just a few months.
This next one is for someone who is looking for a whole fire pit and doesn’t want the hassle of having to get their fire pit glass separately.
That’s right, this comes with shining blue fiberglass in a unit that is extremely durable and attractive overall.
This fire pit is made from fiberglass and steel, making it a very durable unit. But what about the fire pit glass itself?
This fire glass will give you plenty of heat without the smoke.
Of all the fire pits that we tried, this one will retain its sheen for much longer.
This is great for long summer evenings where you’ll want to leave your fire pit on all day.
This comes with a deeper fire pit, which will not only keep the embers in, but it will stop any of your fire pit stones from getting out.
- Decent size - the whole of this fire pit comes in a decent size, perfect for a larger garden where you’ll have to heat a lot more places.
- A Sturdy fire bowl - this comes with a fire bowl that you can be sure will keep in all of your fire pit glass. This is great for reducing the amount of mess.
- Steel construction - this comes with a drawer that is great for keeping your tongs as well as concealing the pipes and ventilation system.
- Attractive - if you are looking for a fire pit that will really make your backyard pop, then we would certainly recommend this one, with its shiny blue center.
- A whole fire pit - if it’s just the rock that you want, then you’ll definitely want to shop elsewhere.
This next fire pit glass is one of the most attractive, giving you everything that you’ll need for a decent centerpiece.
This stuff is not only cheap, but it is very durable.
This is tempered with a jewel-like consistency, which is great if you want something that is very attractive and will remain so no matter how much you heat it.
This comes in a very attractive deep blue color that will be a remarkable and soothing contrast to the orange flames.
This is easy to house in most fire pits. All you have to do is pour it into the rock well, which should be deep enough to contain all of the glass without spillage.
This is also tumbled to remove all of the sharp edges, making it very safe.
This is also very affordable glass. If you are looking to save yourself some money, then we would recommend that you pick up a few pounds of this glass.
This is very good value for money, as you’ll be able to buy a lot of this glass for a very small amount of money.
- Good value - this glass comes in bulk and is very durable. You’ll find yourself dining out on just one handful for a few months.
- Cobalt blue - this is one of the most attractive colors that we’ve seen from fire pit glass. This will not only give your fire pit that sophisticated look, but it will retain its shine for a lot longer.
- Substitute for logs - if you are looking for something that will be much more attractive than wood, then you should go with fire pit glass.
- No sharp edges - this is perfect if you are operating your fire pit around small children or animals. If one of these stones does get ingested, then you won’t have to worry about internal lacerations.
- Large chunks - these might be too large chunks for someone with a smaller fire pit.
Next up, we have something a little different in terms of both shape and color.
These are more like pebbles than sharp rock and are great for anyone who is looking for that calmer aesthetic to their fire pit.
This comes in a Caribbean blue color, which is great if you want a real calming effect for your back garden. This also will create a dazzling effect.
These smooth beads will also be a lot safer. If your pet or child ingests these, then it will pose a significantly lower threat to their internal organs.
This is easy to install, all you have to do is pour a very small amount of these into the fire pit.
They settle very well and won’t shift around even under intense flames.
These will not melt, lose their shape or dull their color, even after months of intense heat. This is perfect if you are going to be operating your fire pit in the long term.
This glass will not burn, so once you have turned off your fire pit, then the glass with stop burning instantly.
This is very important for cooling, especially if you have to leave your fire pit unattended immediately after switching off.
- Fantastic color - if you are looking for something that offers you that extra eye-catching dazzling color, then this Caribbean blue will be exactly what you are looking for.
- Smooth - these pebbles are very smooth, which will not only look more aesthetically pleasing but will be a lot safer in the case of accidental ingestion.
- Durable - you can subject this one to a lot more heat without them experiencing any distortion in shape or texture. They also won’t melt even after long hours of flames.
- Different color options - if you want to pick different colors to suit your fire pit then you can. This company even offers mixed colors.
- This rounder shape might not suit the look of your fire pit, especially if it is black and square in shape.
This final brand of glass beads really is of premium quality, almost looking like little shards of ice.
These will fit perfectly in your fire pit, giving you a great contrast with your fire pit.
This will burn at a much higher temperature than lava rock, which makes them one of the best fire pit glass that you can get for the long term.
When it comes to recycling, this roc is great. If you are switching out your wood for this glass, then you can expect a lot less waste material in the long run.
This glass is compatible with both propane and gas burners. This is great if you are going to buy a lot of glass to use in both types of fire pit.
You can install this one very easily in your fire pit without experiencing much in the way of spillage or cleanup.
You can also clean these glass shards a lot easier with a simple application of soap and water.
This will give you a great performance, which is perfect if you are looking for something that burns a lot easier and quicker.
- Great look - if you are looking to really brighten up your drab fire pit, then you can’t go far wrong with these crystal blue glass beads.
- Larger chunks - if you want something that will be more visible in a larger fire pit, then this is a great fire pit glass to have.
- Eco-friendly - this glass will remove the need for you to burn wood as fuel, which is great for reducing the amount of ash you’ll be having to clean away afterward.
- Affordable - you can get a lot of this glass for a very small amount, which is great if you are looking to save on fire pit fuel.
- Chunks might be too big - if you have a smaller fire pit, then these large chunks might look a little out-of-sync.
When you are buying fire pit glass, then you’ll need to make sure that it has certain properties that will allow it to burn much more effectively.
You’ll also need to make sure that it will retain its color even after burning over a longer period of time.
Here are a few features that you’ll be looking for:
What Color Is It?
One of the things that you’ll be looking for is the right color, as the main reason you’ll be buying this glass is for aesthetic reasons.
Making sure that the glass will complement your fire pit will be very important, as the final result will look quite unsightly if you haven’t thought about complimenting colors.
How Long Will It Burn?
The burning time will also be a very important factor when you are thinking about getting the right fire pit glass.
You’ll want something that not only burns for a long time, but will also retain its original color.
The great thing about using glass is that it will not melt or lose its shape over time.
It is also a great alternative to wood, as it will not burn or leave ash. This makes it a much cleaner option than wood too.
How Much Is It?
The price will definitely be very important, especially if you have spent too much on other fire pit utensils.
This stuff shouldn’t cost you more than $30 for a decent amount of glass by the pound.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Glass Will I Need For My Fire Pit?
We would definitely recommend that you get at least one pound of this glass to cover the whole inside of your fire pit.
Remember, you aren’t looking to fill a deep hole, more spread a lot of these crystals across a wider surface area.
Will My Glass Melt In My Fire Pit?
No. Firepit glass is specifically designed to melt or alter its shape when exposed to high levels of heat over a long period of time.
You should do some research into your fire pit glass to see how much BTU it can handle.
What Alternatives Are These To Fire Pit Glass?
You could opt for the traditional wood-burning, although this will leave you with a lot more waste than glass.
It will also cause a lot of ash, which you’ll have to scrape out after every burning session.
You can also use lava rock, which will also be able to burn at a high temperature without leaving much waste.
However, fire pit glass burns at a higher temperature than lava rock, so if you want to burn for longer, go with the former.
We hope that our list of the best fire pit glass materials on the market has given you a better idea of which one is best for your needs.