When it comes to heating your home there are lots of options. Using gas central heating can be quite expensive, so a lot of people choose to supplement this with another form of heat in order to save money.
You could try a wood burner, though wood is also quite expensive and it takes a lot of effort to make the fire and maintain it. You also need to clean out the fireplace each time.
Electric heaters are a great option as electric is often cheaper than gas. The only problem is that they can take up a lot of space. This is why baseboard heaters could be the ideal solution.
They can heat a room but they have a long, narrow shape. You place them up against a wall and they take up very little room. They are also very discrete and won’t interfere with the style and decor of your home.
If you are interested in getting a baseboard heater but you don’t know where to start then don’t worry.
We have put together a list of the best baseboard heaters along with some advice on how to choose which heater will be best for you. Keep reading to find out more.
We have scoured the internet to find the best baseboard heaters for you to choose between.
We have weighed up the pros and cons of each product to help you decide which one is going to be best suited to your needs.
Cadet F Series Baseboard Heater
This 1500W baseboard board heater weighs 12 pounds and comes in a white color. It blends in well with the baseboards of your home for discrete heating. It doesn’t take up too much space as it measures 4 inches by 7.23 inches by 7 inches.
The heater is made from steel which is very durable and rust resistant so it will last you a long time and will continue to look smart in your home. It is powder coated which is scratch resistant and heat resistant so the color will stay intact.
It is really easy to install this baseboard heater as it has pre-punched knock-outs at one inch intervals which makes your job a lot easier.
It works best when placed under a window so try to consider this when you are installing the heater. You will have peace of mind as the safety shut off feature automatically turns the heater off when it reaches a certain temperature.
- Power - This heater has 1500W of power
- Compact- It has a compact design which won’t take up too much space
- Durable - The heater has a long-lasting steel design with a powder coat finish
- Installation - The pre-punched holes make installation really easy.
- Safety - The automatic shut off feature will help to prevent fires and overheating
- Condition - Some customers have found that the item was dented on delivery due to the flimsy packaging
Comfort Zone Low Profile Digital Baseboard Heater
This baseboard heater has a low profile design so that it doesn’t take up too much space in your home. It is sleek and comes in black or white so you can make sure that it looks nice in your home and blends with the decor.
There are multiple settings to choose from including different power levels, temperatures, and a timer. You can adjust the settings with the easy to use control panel on the top of the heater and there is a digital temperature display.
This heater also benefits from a thermostat which enables you to maintain a constant temperature in the room and saves you money on your energy bills.
Despite the powerful motor, this heater runs very quietly which means that it won’t disturb you if you use it to heat your home office or your bedroom.
There are three excellent safety features on this heater. It will automatically switch off if it is knocked over. It will also switch off automatically if it overheats.
The body of the heater is made from a keep-cool material to prevent overheating and to ensure that you don’t burn yourself if you touch the heater while it is on.
- Low Profile - This heater won’t take up too much space in your home
- Color- You can choose from black or white to match your home decor
- Settings - There are multiple settings including a timer setting
- Display - There is a control panel and a digital temperature display
- Thermostat - The thermostat allows you to maintain a constant temperature
- Quiet - The powerful motor runs very quietly
- Safety - This heater has excellent safety features to give you peace of mind
- Controls - Some customers found it complicated to change the controls
Fahrenheat Hydronic Baseboard Heater
This baseboard heater uses liquid filled hydronic technology to ensure that it is always cool to the touch no matter how much heat is projected into the room.
This gives you more options for where to install the heater, as it does not present a risk to small children or pets who might touch the outside of the heater.
This heater has some impressive safety features. It will automatically turn off if it senses a blockage, if it gets too hot, or if it is knocked over.
This helps to prevent fires and other hazards. The body of the heater is made from high impact steel which is dent, scratch and rust resistant. This means that the heater will last you a long time and is very durable.
This heater is very easy to install as it has pre-punched knock-out holes and a cable clamp.
This means that you can secure it and connect it to power quickly and simply. It runs quietly yet powerfully, heating up the room without making disturbing noise.
This heater is a good size to distribute heat without taking up too much space. It measures 8 inches by 3 inches by 46 inches. This makes it long but narrow so it has a low profile and doesn’t come out too far from the wall.
- Cool to the touch - The liquid filled hydronic technology keeps the outside of the heater cool or prevent contact burns
- Safety - There are other safety features which will prevent overheating and fire
- Durable - The heater is made from steel which is resistant to dents, scratches and rust
- Installation - The heater is very easy to install with pre-punched holes
- Quiet - The heater is powerful but runs quietly.
- Size - This heater is long but not deep so it heats the room quickly without getting in the way
- Instructions - Some people found that the writing instructions were complex and this heater is not corded
Cadet Manufacturing 240 Volt Hardwired Baseboard Heater
This baseboard heater is a compact size, measuring 4 inches by 30.3 inches by 7 inches. It weighs less than 7 pounds which makes it easy to transport and carry.
It is made from durable steel and has a powder coat finish to keep the white color pristine and free from scratches.
The design of the heater is simple but sleek so it will look nice in your home. The white color of the heater will blend in with your white wood paneling. It has a high temperature shut off feature to prevent overheating and fires.
It is easy to install, but works best when installed under a window so you need to consider this when you are choosing a spot to install the heater.
- Size - The size of this heater is compact and won’t take up too much space
- Lightweight - The heater is very lightweight which makes it easy to move around
- Safety - The heater will shut off automatically if it gets too hot to prevent fires
- Color - The white color is smart and the powder coating is scratch resistant
- Noise - The heater operates quite loudly which means it might not be suitable for a bedroom or a home office
- Installation - It needs to be installed under a window which gives you less choice when it comes to placement
King Portable Baseboard Heater
This portable baseboard heater is corded which means that you can easily move it from room to room as required. There is no installation or wiring required which makes it much easier for you.
It measures 36 inches by 4.56 inches by 7.25 inches so it is big enough to spread heat but does not intrude too far into the room.
This heater has a built-in thermostat which makes it much easier for you to maintain a constant temperature in the room that you are trying to heat.
It will automatically turn off if it gets too hot or if it is tipped over, helping to prevent fires.
This heater uses a convection heating method which makes it quieter than a lot of other heaters. This means that you can easily use it in your bedroom or home office without it disturbing you.
- Portable - This heater is corder rather than wired which makes it easy to move between rooms
- Installation - No installation is required so you can use it straight out of the box
- Size - The heater is wide enough to spread heat but will not take up too much space in the room
- Thermostat - The built in thermostat makes it really easy for you to maintain the temperature of the room
- Safety- There are automatic safety shut off features to help prevent fire
- Noise - The convection heating system is very quiet
- Capacity - Some customers found that the heater was now powerful enough to heat larger rooms and worked better on small rooms
Fahrenheat Portable Electric Baseboard Heater
This is another portable heater with a corded plug which can be used in any room. The white color is neutral and will go with any home decor.
The low profile design doesn’t take up much room as the heater measures 45 inches by 6 inches by 7.5 inches.
This heater uses convection to push the heat through the room which is much quieter than a traditional fan heater. This means that you can have it in any room without the noise being an issue.
Using convection heat also ensures that the air in the room is cleaner as there are no fans to disturb and blow around dust particles.
The safety features of this heater will give you peace of mind that no fires will be caused. The heater will automatically shut off if it gets too warm or if there is a blockage. You can control the temperature with an easy to use dial.
- Corded- This is a corded heater which means that no installation is needed and you can move it from room to room
- Size- The heater has a low profile design which doesn’t take up too much space
- Noise - The heater uses convection heat which is quieter than a traditional fan
- Safety- The automatic shut off feature helps to prevent fire and other hazards
- Thermostat - There is no thermostat which means you have to keep adjusting the temperature manually
- Power - As there is no fan to push the heat around it is not great for larger rooms or for fast heat
Now that you know which baseboard heaters are the best, you need to decide which one is going to be the best option for you and your home. If you can’t choose, then here is some advice to help you.
To begin with, you need to establish your budget. Figure out how much money you want to spend so you know which products are in your price range.
There are some excellent products at both ends of the spectrum so you don’t need to compromise on quality if you have a lower budget.
The next thing you need to decide is whether you need the baseboard heater to be portable. A portable heater will come with a corded plug.
This means that you don’t need to install it, you can use it straight out of the box and you can move it from room to room. This gives you a lot of flexibility and saves you having to buy multiple heaters.
The alternative is that you buy a baseboard heater that is wired in directly and is attached to the wall. This often looks neater but takes more effort.
Another decision you will need to make is whether you want to have a traditional heater with a motor and a fan or whether you want a convection heater.
A traditional heater tends to be more powerful and can heat larger spaces. It also heats up rooms faster than a convection heater.
However, traditional heaters are also louder because of the fan and the motor. If you are heating a small room and you don’t want to be disturbed by noise then you might be better off with a convection heater.
Safety is another important factor. You need your heater to have some basic safety features to keep you safe and prevent fires.
Most baseboard heaters have an automatic shut off if they get too hot. Some will also turn off if they get knocked over or they sense a blockage.
Other safety features include cool material on the outside of the heater or a liquid system, which can prevent contact burns and make the heaters safer for children and pets.
If you are still struggling to choose between products then check to see what settings they have. A timer setting or a thermostat will make it much more convenient for you to control the temperature in the room.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Install A Baseboard Heater Yourself?
If you choose a corded baseboard heater then it doesn’t require installation. Other heaters will require installation but often have pre-punched holes to make it easier for you.
The tricky part is the electrical wiring, so you might need professional assistance with this.
Is It Safe To Leave A Baseboard Heater On Overnight?
If your baseboard heater has an automatic shut off feature that will turn the heater off if it gets too hot then it should be safe to leave it on overnight.
The more safety features the heater has, the safer it will be to leave on for long periods of time.
A heater with a thermostat is ideal if you want to use it at night, as it will turn off as soon as the room reaches the right temperature and turn back on when the temperature drops.
A baseboard heater is a great way to heat up a single room if you don’t want to use your central heating.
They are low profile and efficient and some of them come with some very useful features which make it safe and easy to keep your room at a comfortable temperature.
Remember to check the instructions carefully to see what advice the manufacturer gives on placement and installation.