It is an alternative for wood-burning fireplace. It is also known as the bio ethanol fireplace. This type of fireplace requires the use of bioethanol as the source of heat producing no soot and saving you the stress of cleaning up the place after. It also does not require the use of a chimney. The products emitted is just water and carbon dioxide. It makes use of a renewable fuel that is usually made from corn. The ethanol fireplace comes in two different forms. The automatic ethanol fireplace and the manual ethanol fireplace.
The pros of ethanol fireplace
- It gives the home a touch of class and makes the home look more modern. They come in different forms and designs, therefore, you can get one that will perfectly suit your taste and your home.
- It is easy to use and also very easy to maintain as it does not produce soot and ashes so cleaning it won't be much of a stress.
- They are very durable and they last for long periods of time. This is because they are made of durable materials such as the sturdy stainless steel giving it its long lasting property.
- This type of fireplace is even safer and better than the wood type of fireplace. This fireplace burns very clean producing a non toxic environment. It is environment friendly.
- The ethanol fireplace is very easy to use. It is made of a simple enclosure that contains the fire source and the pot for the ethanol. The ethanol burns in the pot.
- It is also very easy to install. You can easily install it yourself. You do not require some extra form of expertise. All you need is ethanol fireplace inserts that allow you install the fireplace into your walls or an enclosure for that purpose. This definitely saves you money for hiring a qualified person to do the installation for you.
- They provide low cost solutions compared to the other type of fireplaces.
- It does not require any venting. Just figure out the perfect place you want it to be and install it there.
- It produces clean blue flames and does not mess with the environment.
THE CONS OF ETHANOL FIREPLACE
- It does not generate primary heat. This means that it cannot provide the amount of heat sufficient for your room to remain warm. It might just work in a small sized room.
- It consumes oxygen. It is advisable that if your room is not well ventilated, do not use an ethanol fireplace. As long as you use it, try as much as possible that the room receives an adequate amount of air.
- It can be dangerous. It is advised that while the fire is still burning or when the burner is hot, you should not add ethanol. This can cause a fire-related
- Be sure you are getting the right ethanol fireplace component. Not all fireplaces are safe. It could be disastrous getting fake products.
- Bio ethanol is burnt in liquid forms, try to keep the liquid ethanol in a safe place, prevent children from reaching it and drinking it.
THE WOOD FIREPLACE
The wood fireplace is made up of a space that is either made of bricks, stones or metals that can contain or accommodate fire that is being produced by a source usually a wood. Most people prefer to use the wood fireplace because they love the smell of wood when it is burning and the authentic look of wood when It burns. Some people also love the crackling sound it produces. It is a traditional type of fireplace. If you choose to use a wood fireplace, you should make sure you are selecting hard woods. This is because the soft woods won’t burn well and will not produce or generate the right kind of heat. The selected hard wood must be very dry and seasoned. It can be easy to operate if you follow instructions.
The following are the pros of the wood fireplace:
- When there is no source of electricity to make use of a heater, your wood fireplace helps to provide the heat you need.
- The type of wood you want to use remains your choice. You can decide to pick a wood that burns for a long period of time or a wood that burns for a short period of time.
- It can provide heat that is enough for a large room.
THE CONS OF WOOD FIREPLACE
- It can produce toxic gases while burning. It is advisable to always have your room well ventilated if you have a wood fireplace in your house.
- It consumes oxygen. This is because for the fire to keep burning, oxygen is required.
- It is time consuming and can also be stressful as it requires you to continually chop woods and also buy woods.
- It requires more cleaning and maintenance. You don’t want to look messy as the wood will burn to give ashes, you have to just keep the place clean.
- A lot of heat is lost in a wood fireplace through the chimney. The chimney allows smoke to escape. But heat also escapes through the chimney.
ETHANOL FIREPLACE VS WOOD FIREPLACE
Fireplaces are just to keep your home warm and in another way, they change the look of your home. Getting a fireplace in your home depends on your taste and preference. If you love the sound of wood when it burns, you can go for a wood fireplace. If you want your home to look modern and classy, you can go for the ethanol fireplace. They both have their pros and cons. Which ever one you do decide to use, remember a fireplace is a fireplace, take all the safety measures to prevent an accident from occurring. The cons of the ethanol fireplace are just common sense, therefore can still be managed. Get original products for your ethanol fireplace and if you can't install it by yourself, make sure a well trained person install it for you. But for the wood fireplace, it takes extra effort. Regardless of the one you do choose, make sure you are doing it right.