Best Portable Electric Fireplace
Having a fireplace in your home is one of the best feelings. It can keep you feeling warm and cozy even on the coldest of nights.
Unfortunately, not every building comes with a built-in fireplace.
If you have to travel often or are just looking for something portable, then you should consider getting an electric fireplace instead. You can get portable versions that are extremely convenient.
Portable fireplaces are great because they allow you to enjoy the warmth of a real fire without having to worry about where you will set it up.
They also make it easy to heat a room quickly when needed. The best part about them is that they are very affordable, so you won’t be spending too much money on them.
To aid you in finding the best product possible, we have selected five of the top portable electric fireplaces on the market:
This fireplace has all the features you would expect from a quality unit. It uses 3D fire to create the impression of a genuine fireplace.
As a result, it has a relaxing atmosphere. You can even have the fireplace on a setting whereby the flame is present, but the heat is not.
Plus, it is designed to be compact. This means that it will take up very little space in the room.
Moreover, it can be transported easily. This will be useful if you want to bring the fireplace on vacation with you or if you simply want to move it from one room to another. This is what we thought of this Comfort Zone product:
- Safety first: this company has implemented some terrific safety features. It has an automatic switch-off which means that you do not need to worry about accidentally leaving the fireplace on.
- Perfectly portable: this fireplace has been built with maneuverability in mind. It comes with a convenient handle for carrying. Plus, the outer casing is designed to remain cool. Therefore, you will not accidentally burn yourself when moving this product.
- Slick aesthetic: the slick red casing looks super stylish. Moreover, it adds to the warm vibe of the fireplace.
- Adjustable heat settings: choose how warm you want this heater to get thanks to this feature. On a chilly winter's night, it is advised that you put the fireplace on high. This will be sufficient to heat even a relatively big room.
- It's quite noisy: when compared to other fireplaces, this model is loud. As a result, it will not be suitable for people who are trying to relax in silence. However, if you are watching TV, the product will not be loud enough to distract you.
Also Available At
If you are looking for an authentic-looking fireplace, this Duraflame product will be ideal for you. It includes realistic logs and flames that dance.
It can heat a room that is as large as 1,000 square feet. Therefore, it can save you money as an effective source of heating.
Because it is powered by infrared, it can warm you almost instantly. Among the other great features are:
- Remote control: having to get up from your bed or sofa once you have gotten comfortable is one of the most frustrating feelings. Luckily, you can control your fireplace from afar with this product. This remote is simple to use.
- 6 color options: this fireplace is available in 6 different colors, namely black, bronze, cream, cream & cracker, French gray, and navy. Consequently, you will be able to find the one that suits your aesthetic needs. For instance, you can match the fireplace to your current decor. This level of customization is rarely seen in other brands.
- No overheating: the Duraflame fireplace will automatically turn off once it reaches a certain temperature. This brilliant safety feature will stop your fireplace from becoming too hot.
- Adjustable flames: you can alter the product's realistic flames. You can change the speed, color, and brightness depending upon your preference.
- Expensive: if you are looking for a budget-friendly fireplace, you may want to look elsewhere. When it comes to this product, it is quite costly. This is likely because it has lots of fabulous features. Though the Duraflame fireplace will be suitable for those with larger budgets, you should look elsewhere if you want to save money.
- Heavy: this is not the most lightweight of products. This will hamper its portability. If you are planning on transporting your fireplace over a long distance, you may want to try a different product.
Also Available At
Up next, we have the N/C Electric Portable mini fireplace. This unit is designed to provide warmth during cold nights.
It also provides a cozy ambiance for relaxing after a hard day at work. The portable fireplace does not require any kind of installation or assembly.
All you need to do is plug it into an outlet. In addition, it can easily fit into small spaces. As a mini fireplace, it can be transported from different locations with ease. This is our review of the fireplace:
- Compact design: this fireplace is small but mighty. It will not take up a lot of space, making it incredibly portable. Additionally, it will not take up a lot of space in your home, office, or hotel.
- Tip-over safety: when this device is knocked over, it will automatically turn off. This will prevent it from causing fires. Thus, the N/C fireplace is safe even for homes with young children and pets.
- Sensational safety: aside from the feature above, this product also has other safety elements. For instance, it will turn itself off once it reaches the maximum temperature of 90 °F. Moreover, the exterior will remain cool so that people can safely touch the fireplace.
- Flame effect: this 3D flame looks phenomenal. You can turn this effect off, meaning that you get heat without the visuals or noise. This will be useful for sleeping with the fireplace on.
- It may be too small for some: though this product's lightweight and compact design means that it is fully portable, it means that it can only heat a small area. Therefore, if you wish to heat a large room, you may want to invest in a different fireplace.
Next, we have the Fabula Life Portable Electric Fireplace. This product is one of the best portable fireplaces on the market today.
It is easy to use and install. Also, it is quite affordable. Unlike some other fireplaces, the logs and flames are not enclosed.
This creates a unique aesthetic that we adore. Aside from this, here are some of the fireplace's other noteworthy features:
- Automatic timer: choose when this fireplace turns on and off thanks to this feature. It gives you more control of your heating. For example, you could time it so that the fireplace is on when you first wake up.
- 5 brightness settings: you can determine how bright you want these elegant flames to be thanks to this setting. This enables you to create whatever atmosphere you desire.
- Two remote controls: easily control this fireplace from a distance thanks to these remote controls. We adore the fact that two are included. If you lose one, you will have a spare remote control. You can also control these settings from the fireplace itself.
- Wind deflector: to defend your carpets or other types of flooring, this fireplace has been built with a wind deflector.
- Looks great. we really like the aesthetic of the exposed wood and flames on this fireplace. If you want a cool-looking fireplace, please consider this Fabula Life product.
- Somewhat loud: this fireplace emits a bit of noise. However, we believe that this is due to its size and the wind deflector. When compared to some other fireplaces, this one is quite quiet. Regardless, you may want to avoid it if you prefer silent fireplaces.
Finally, this tabletop electric fireplace is a brilliantly portable heater. You can put it on top of tables, allowing you to heat yourself without taking up floor space.
Plus, it is very easy to set up and use. Here are some of the things that make this product stand out among others:
- Black or white?: this product comes in two professional-looking colors, namely black or white. Choose the style that most appeals to you. Personally, we prefer the white fireplace.
- Silent: instead of distracting you with an annoying humming sound, this Donyer fireplace is practically noiseless.
- 200 square feet of heating: the fireplace can warm up a substantial space of up to 200 square feet.
- Versatile: this fireplace will comfortably fit into most rooms, including kitchens, dining rooms, or bedrooms.
- Does not generate a lot of heat: because it is so small, this fireplace is incapable of heating large spaces. You will need to stand near it to feel the heat. Though this small size makes the unit very portable, it is not the best for keeping people warm.
After reading through our guide, you will now have more extensive knowledge of portable electric fireplaces.
You will now be able to identify some main advantages and disadvantages that are found in these products.
While this is true, you should be warned that buying a portable electric fireplace can actually be considerably more complex than it at first appears.
This is because there are a variety of factors that will need to be thought about. These factors can influence whether a fireplace is suitable for you.
To prevent you from buying the wrong portable electric fireplace, we have listed some main considerations below.
We insist that you contemplate these factors before you start shopping:
The Size Of Your Room
One of the most important things to consider is the size of your room. The smaller the room, the better the portable electric fireplace will look.
This is because it will not have to heat as large a space. For large rooms, you will need to get a fireplace that is powerful enough to heat the entire room.
If not, you will still be cold. You could consider buying two fireplaces, though this will add to the cost significantly and will take up even more space.
On the other hand, if you live in a small apartment, then you might find that a large portable electric fireplace will make the room seem too cramped.
In such cases, you may prefer to go for a smaller version.
Another factor that needs to be considered is your budget. If you are living on a tight budget, you may want to think about getting a cheaper model.
However, bear in mind that cheap models often lack many of the features that you would expect from a high-quality product. Therefore, you will likely end up with a more basic model.
If you do decide to buy one of the cheaper models, you will also need to ensure that you purchase something that is still high quality.
Just because you are on a budget, it does not mean that you need to sacrifice quality.
By filtering online search results according to your budget, you should be able to find a fantastic fireplace within your price range.
This is another consideration that you must keep in mind when choosing a portable electric fireplace.
Many people select them simply due to their low prices. However, you will soon see that they are not very durable.
They tend to break down quickly. It is, therefore, advisable that you only buy a fireplace that has been designed to last.
You can check out reviews online to help you make an informed decision. Preferably, a fireplace should be made from sturdy materials to ensure its longevity.
You will also need to consider safety features when choosing a portable electric heater.
Some of the best products will automatically turn off to prevent them from overheating.
Others will shut themselves off after a certain period of time. Meanwhile, some brands are designed to have cool exteriors.
Safety features like these are essential for ensuring that you do not burn yourself while using the fireplace.
The appearance of the fireplace is also a factor that will affect your enjoyment of it. A good-looking fireplace will give you a sense of pride.
On the other hand, a poorly designed fireplace will just look ugly. Make sure that you pick a design that complements your home’s decor.
For instance, you may want one that is a similar style to your home. If you have a modern-looking home, you will likely desire a fireplace that is similarly modern.
In contrast, if you prefer traditional furnishings, a more retro fireplace will be better suited to your needs.
In terms of aesthetics, you should also consider the color of the fireplace. While most are black, some other options are available.
For example, the Duraflame fireplace comes in a wide array of choices. This enables you to find a shade that complements your house and personal aesthetic.
We recommend that you also consider how noisy a fireplace is. The louder the sound, the less enjoyable it will be.
If you are trying to relax, you will want a fireplace that is as quiet as possible. This will also be the case if you are attempting to sleep with your fireplace on.
Consequently, we advise researching how loud a fireplace is before buying one.
This may require reading customer reviews, as this is a great way of seeing the response of people who have used the products.
While some electric fireplaces have standard flames, others can be altered. For example, you may be able to alter the color and size of the flames.
However, this is not always the case.
Therefore, it is important that you read the instructions carefully before purchasing one.
If you are eager to get a fireplace with adjustable flames, you should read a product's online description. This allows you to see whether the feature is present.
Ease Of Use
Another thing you need to consider when selecting a portable electric fireplace is the ease of use. Most models come with remote controls.
These enable you to control the temperature settings easily. In addition, many models include timers so that you can set them up to turn on at specific times.
You might even be able to program them to start heating only when you return home.
It is especially important to think about how simple a fireplace is to use if you are not very tech-savvy.
If you do not take this into account, you may end up with a product that is too complex to use.
The penultimate factor that we suggest contemplating is how adjustable a fireplace is. This will include whether you can alter the heat.
If so, how many heat settings does the fireplace have? You should consider this.
After all, products that are more adjustable allows you to customize the fireplace until it fits your needs.
Last but not least, you should think about how easy it is to move around. Some models are designed to be carried from one location to another, while others are more static.
As this list is dedicated to portable fireplaces, all of the above products are quite portable. However, some are more portable than others.
Fireplaces with handles and lightweight designs will be more portable than those without these features.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Size Should I Get?
This question is often asked by first-time buyers. It is important to note that there are different sizes available.
The most common ones are small, medium, large, and extra-large. Of course, you will need to determine which size best suits your needs.
If you want to heat a large room, you will need a substantial fireplace. The size of the room is not only a consideration but so is the portability.
Large or extra-large fireplaces will be much less portable than small ones.
Do Electric Fireplaces Use Up A Lot Of Energy?
Some people worry that they will use up a lot of energy because they use an electric fireplace. They frequently do.
This is because electricity is often more costly than gas, meaning that your bills will be higher.
However, if you get an energy-efficient electric fireplace, it will use less energy and save money on the bills.