Best Electric Heaters For Large Rooms
If you have some large rooms in your house then it can be difficult to keep them warm without spending too much money on your central heating.
An electric heater can help with this, as electric is often cheaper than gas. Using an electric heater for the larger rooms in your house can help to save you money on your utility bills.
There are lots of choices when it comes to electric heaters. Choosing the right one can be quite difficult as it is hard to know which products are good
We have made things easier for you by putting together this list of the best electric heaters for large rooms. We have weighed up the pros and cons of each product to help you decide which one you should get.
We have also provided a buyer’s and answered some frequently asked questions.
Keep reading to find your ideal electric heater.
There are four heat modes so you can adjust the temperature of the room depending on what you need. It doesn’t take up too much space in your home as it measures 5.51 inches by 6.69 inches by 10.31 inches.
This heater uses advanced PTC ceramic heating which is both safe and efficient.
It has a hidden handle so you can easily move the heater around your home but when you aren’t using the handle the heater still has a sleek and streamlined design.
This heater also benefits from a digital thermostat with an LED display so you can use it day or night. It has a 12 hour timer setting so you don’t have to worry about remembering to turn the heater off when you go to bed.
The motor is powerful yet quiet, and the 9 blade fan also makes very little noise so you don’t need to worry about being disturbed if you have the fan on during the night or in your home office.
If you are concerned about safety then this is the perfect product for you. It will automatically shut off when it reaches a certain temperature so there is no risk of a fire being caused by overheating.
The dust filter helps to remove unwanted particles from the air to make sure that you are breathing in warm, clean air. The filter is easily removed and cleaned.
- Oscillation - This heater has 70 degree oscillation so the air can circulate even in a large room
- Modes - There are four heat modes to choose from so you can customize the temperature
- Compact- The heater is a small size so it won’t take up too much space in your home
- Carry Handle - The carry handle makes it easy to move the heater around your home.
- Thermostat - There is a thermostat which helps you to save energy by turning off the heater at the right temperature
- Quiet - The motor and fan are powerful but operate quietly.
- Safety - There is an automatic shut off feature and a dust filter
- Thermostat - Some customers have found that the thermostat is not always accurate which causes the heater to turn off before the room has reached your desired temperature
- Heat - Some parts of the outside of the heater can become hot to touch.
There is also a 750W setting and a cool air setting which makes this heater multi-function, so you can make sure that the room is always at a comfortable temperature.
The thermostat allows you to choose your ideal temperature and the heater will kick in or switch off when necessary in order to maintain it.
This saves you energy and means you don’t have to worry about switching the heater on and off yourself if you get too warm.
There are multiple safety features for this heater so you don’t have to worry about fires or heat damage.
All the materials of the heater are flame retardant. There are two shut off features- when the heater gets too hot and when it is knocked over.
The heater will then automatically turn back on when it has cooled down or when it has been placed upright again.
The heater is very powerful and efficient but it is also quiet, so you don’t have to worry about it making too much noise if you have it in a family room, a bedroom or an office.
- Settings- There are three different settings including cool air
- Thermostat - The thermostat maintains the temperature and saves energy
- Safety- There are three different safety features to prevent fires and other hazards
- Noise - The heater runs quietly despite being powerful.
- Sensitive- Some customers found that the safety shut off features were too sensitive
- Direction - There aren’t many options for controlling the direction of the heat
The power cord is 72 inches long which means you have lots of choice for where to place the heater in the room. It can heat a space up to 144 square feet big so it is ideal for large rooms.
There are three different heat settings so you can adjust the temperature depending on your preferences. The oil filled fins never need refilling so there is no maintenance required.
This heater has all of the necessary safety features to give you peace of mind, such as fully enclosed heating elements, a non-slip base, thermal cut off, and an anti-freeze option which automatically starts the heater if the temperature gets too low.
The steel is rust resistant so you know that this heater will last you a long time.
The radiator has snap-on wheels so you can easily move it around the room as needed, or you can remove them if you want to keep the radiator permanently in one place. With 1500W of power it will be able to meet your needs.
- Affordable - This is a simple and affordable product
- Power cord - The long power cord allows you to move the radiator to different places in the room
- Capacity - It can heat a room up to 144 square feet in size
- Settings- There are three different heat settings to choose from
- Safety - There are plenty of safety features on this heater
- Thermostat - there is no thermostat option on this heater
- Simple - this is a very basic product which some customers won’t like
It comes fully assembled so it is easy to use right out of the box. The 1500W power will provide you with all of the heat that you need.
There are different settings to choose from. The high heat and low heat settings are both special quiet settings which means that the motor won’t make too much noise.
This allows you to keep the heater in any room. Including a home office or a bedroom. There is also an automatic setting which will make it easier for you to heat up your space.
The thermostat has a digital display which makes it easy to use and to adjust in the dark.
The thermostat makes it more convenient to maintain a constant temperature and it also saves energy as the heater won’t be on when it doesn’t need to be.
This heater also benefits from a remote control and a timer. Both of these features make it much easier for you to control the temperature of the room without having to interrupt your day.
- Compact- The compact design of this heater won’t take up too much space in your home.
- Powerful - This heater has 1500W of power which is all you need for a warm space
- Settings- There are various settings to choose from so you can customize the temperature
- Noise - This heater has a low noise level so it won’t disturb you
- Thermostat - The thermostat has a digital display for ease of use
- Convenient - The remote control and the timer feature both make this heater very convenient to use
- Safety- There are less safety features on this heater than there are on other heaters
- Warranty - The warranty on this product is not very inclusive
The PTC ceramic heating system is very fast, meaning you can take the chill off the room very quickly.
This heater is very compact, measuring 7.1 inches by 6.3 inches by 8.7 inches. The high temperature protection will turn the heater off if it gets too hot, so you don’t need to worry about fire hazards.
You can adjust the position of the heater head which gives you great control over the direction of the heat, with 90 degrees of movement.
- Powerful - This heater has 1500W of power
- Portable - The carry handle makes it easy to transport
- Quick - It is very fast to heat up
- Compact- It has a small design so it won’t take up much room
- Safety - The automatic shut off feature helps to prevent fires
- Adjustable - You can easily adjust the direction of the heat
- Stiff - The adjustable head is quite stiff and may need tools like a wrench
- Noise - It is quite a noisy fan compared to some of the others.
Now that you know which heaters are the best, you need to narrow down your choice and figure out which heater is going to be best for you. Here is some advice on how to choose the right heater.
The first thing you need to decide is your budget. All of the heaters on this list are less than $100 dollars so they are all affordable, but you might want to go for something that is on the lower end of the spectrum.
Whatever your budget, you should be able to find a product that will do a good job and the features that you need.
Once you have decided on your budget then you should think about the room where you are going to be using the heater the most. How much space do you have in that room?
This will determine how compact the heater needs to be. The portable radiator is much larger than the Aescod portable electric heater, and the other products are somewhere in between.
If you don’t have a lot of floor space then a tower heater would be a great option.
Once you know how much space you have for your heater, you can consider whether you need to be able to move it from room to room.
Some heaters have carry handles or wheels which makes it easy to move them around. You should also consider the weight of the heater to make sure it is not too heavy for you to lift.
Noise is another important factor to think about. Most of these heaters are 1500W which is quite powerful.
If you will be using the heater in a home office or a bedroom then you need to make sure that the motor is quiet so it doesn’t disturb you too much. A noisy heater is very inconvenient and will put you off using it.
Safety features are extremely important. An automatic shut off is a good feature as this will help to prevent fires, but the more safety features the heater has, the better.
Make sure to pay attention to details like whether the heater is made from flame retardant materials, whether the heating elements are enclosed, and whether you can control the direction of the heat.
These are the most important decisions out of the way. Next, you can think about what convenient features you want the heater to have.
Do you need to have a thermostat to maintain the temperature, or a timer so you can set it to turn off after you go to bed? Do you need a remote control?
Do you need an LED display so you can adjust the settings in the night if you keep the heater in the bedroom?
If you want to use the heater during multiple seasons then it is a good idea to choose one that has various settings. This will give you more control over the temperature and will make the heater more useful.
Be aware that the more often you use the heater, the faster it will break (though they should last you a long time). Try and find a heater with a good warranty so that you can get parts replaced if you need to.
If you are still struggling to choose which heater to buy, make sure you read the customer reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Should You Put The Heater?
You want to place your heater somewhere where it is out of the way and you won’t trip over it. Avoid placing it by open doors or entryways into other rooms, as some of the heat will be lost.
Corners work well as the heat bounces off the walls and circulates around the room. Make sure there is a bit of space all the way around the heater as this will help to prevent it from overheating.
Should You Leave The Heater On Overnight?
If you leave the heater on overnight then this could be a fire risk as you won’t notice if the room gets too hot or if the heater gets too hot.
However, if your heater has an automatic shut off safety feature then you can leave it on overnight without needing to worry. You can also use a timer so that it turns off an hour or so after you have gone to bed.
An electric heater is a great way to save some money on your utility bills, especially if you have large rooms in your house.
You need to make sure that you choose an electric heater that is powerful enough to heat the room, but is not too noisy so it doesn’t disturb you.
There are different safety features and useful benefits to each product, so you need to think about which features are going to be most important to you.
This will enable you to choose the heater that will suit your home and meet your needs.